Tuesday, December 04, 2007



Winter has finally arrived in our part of New England!

Actually it looks like all of New England was blanketed with snow by the end of yesterday. For all the forecasters we listened too we had only a few inches to clear away yesterday morning. Lucky us!

More mtDNA result and matrilineal lines have been added to the Acadian Ancestral Home mtDNA Proven Origins page. The page has also had a "makeover". If you are interested, just click on the link at the top of the sidebar.

So many visitors have been taking a look at the Grand-Pre and Beaubassin parish registers that my site almost ran out of what is called "transfer rate" - now that is a scary thing as it would mean that I would have to pay my server a bit more for all of the traffic that has been going to the
Acadian Ancestral Home.

By the way, if you are thinking of building a web site drop me a note and I'll tell you about ICDSoft where my web site is nestled. If anyone is interested in one terrific server you might want to try them if you have or want your own web site. When they tell you their tech support is 24/7, believe me it really is! No ads of any kind and loads of space and yes, loads of transfer rate too. should you ever be interested it is only $6 a month including your own domain name. Just get in touch with me and I tell you all about it. If you subscribe to ICDSoft and tell them I referred you, I'll get a discount the next time I pay for my account.

Another great piece of information is that if you would like to subscribe to Ancestry.com's World Deluxe but find the $400 a year really pricey, you might want to go to Amazon.com to purchase Family Tree Maker 16 Collector's Edition for only $59.99 - a year ago this program was about $100. FTM 2008 has been published but I do not recommend it. They have stripped the Family Tree Maker program to bare bones and plan to rebuilt anew. Many of us have complained about this and they held an online seminar. Anyhow the point I should get to is that if you purchase FTM 16 Collector's Edition you also get a one year subscription to Ancestry's World Deluxe program allowing you to access every single record available on Ancestry - that means over 5 billion records can be accessed with that subscription.

I received the above package last Christmas because I wanted to upgrade my Family Tree Maker program. When I registered I was only allowed to use the U.S. side of Ancestry. It took me a while to realize what was going on but when I did I phoned Family Tree Maker and asked that they change my subscription over to World Deluxe and that they make up for the months I did not have it. They did so and extended my subsdcription many extra months. Instead of my subscription ending the end of this month as it would have, it does not expire until August. So one way or another they will stand behind the offer.

That's all the news for now.

Hugs to all of you,

Your cousin Lucie

No comments: