Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009 to all

On Thursday November 26th, we celebrate Thanksgiving. It is a time to reflect on the past and to take inventory on those special moments or times in our lives for which we are grateful.

I often think about my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and many cousins I grew up with. They were all very special to me as a child.

We thank God for this blessing.

A year ago September our first grandchild was born. Since then, our little Theo has brought more joy into our lives than one could ever imagine. All of you who are grandparents understand. Theo is a real treasure and he has two wonderful parents in Rebecca & Tyler.

We thank God for this blessing.


In May of 2009 our second daughter Sarah was married. What a wonderful time this was and what a blessing to see her marry someone who cares so much for her and is so good to her and vice versa. Thank you Corey!

We thank God for this blessing.


Recently I went for my annual physical. All if the test results are in and I am in excellent health.

We thank God for this blessing.


Did you know that there are vitamins for the eyes? I am now taking those as these vitamins help to prevent diseases such as macula degeneration.Three weeks ago I had my vision tested and am sporting new stylish glasses. Unfortunately, the optometrist is having a difficult time with my prescription so I had a re-test with the same results. After two strikes, I will get on the train for an appointment with the previous optometrist I had in Boston. I've no doubt he will resolve the issue.

We thank God for this blessing.


After much difficulty following the first cataract surgery a few years ago, my husband Anthony's vision has greatly improved and he sees well with glasses.

We thank God for this blessing.

This November we have had unseasonably mild weather in Massachusetts - in fact so mild that it allows me to continue taking Theo for walks every afternoon.

We thank God for this blessing.


Thanksgiving Day we are going to dinner with Corey's family. We all get along so well as we do with Tyler's family.

We thank God for this blessing.


Sunday after Thanksgiving, Sarah and Corey are coming to help with Christmas decorations.

We thank God for this blessing.


Finally, please know how grateful I am to all of you, cousins and friends, who have been followers of the Acadian & French-Canadian Ancestral Home web site and the AFC blog; to all who are members of the Acadian & French-Canadian Rootsweb Mailing List and to all I have come to know over the years whether I've met you in my travels, at conferences, at CMAs or through the Internet. You have all become a part of the fabric of my life.

We thank God for all of you as you are a blessing!


With love and gratitude at Thanksgiving,



I wish to express my gratitude to Sharon of the Kindred Footprints Blog for awarding the Acadian & French Canadian Ancestral Home Blog the Kreativ Blogger Award. After Thanksgiving, I will pass on the award to seven other bloggers.


Parts IV & V of the History of the Consentino Family Musicians will continue after Thanksgiving.

No comments: