Monday, May 11, 2009

Radio Canada Television comes to Methuen

Radio Canada Television comes to Methuen!

A week ago Sunday, I received an email that Radio Canada Television wanted to come to our home in Methuen - all the way from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada - to interview me about the Mothers of Acadia mtDNA Project. Because our daughter Sarah's wedding is this coming Sunday, I tried to put off the interview for two weeks. I received a phone call on Monday that they were leaving Moncton and would be here Tuesday.

They arrived at the designated time on Tuesday afternoon, took a bit of time setting up the lights, etc. while Michel Nogue and I chatted and then the interview began. It centered greatly on mtDNA, the results we have and what the results mean. At the same time, though the interview was mtDNA we also talked about the research that I do; the great help Stephen White has been to the project; the people I help with their research; about my family.

I thought I would be quite nervous since the interview was both in French and in English but Michel Nogue who interviewed me made me feel quite at ease. The three men from the network were Michel, Mark Savoie and the cameraman Guy LeBlanc who all were very encouraging as we proceeded. As the interview moved along, I had a really good time and enjoyed the process tremendously.

On Wednesday morning , they went to the American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Manchester, New Hampshire where they interviewed Lorette Leafe who has been mtDNA tested and whose furthest maternal ancestor is Marie Gaudet, daughter of Jean Gaudet and Unknown first spouse. They made a stop at Lorette's home, went to dinner then headed back to our home in Methuen where they wanted to video our two daughters, son-in-law and grandson. They did a nice little piece on the family.



This photo shows the arrival of Tyler, Theo and Rebecca being videoed.


When the interview ended, I broke out the wine, cheese and crackers with a toast thanking Michel, Mark and Guy for having come all the way to Methuen to interview me and my family.



I wonder if my husband Tony might have found a new career!


The interview, along with interviews of Stephen A. White, Lorette Leafe and Barbara LeBlanc of Cape Breton, will be broadcast toward the middle of June from Moncton. When I receive the exact date, time and direct link to the Internet site where we can all view it it will be posted on my blog.
So stay tuned....





My husband and I watched as they decided to video the two of us on at our front door while they included the U.S. and Acadian flags in the foreground that fly in front of our home.



© Lucie LeBlanc Consentino
Acadian & French Canadian Ancestral Home

4 comments:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

This is so exciting, Lucie. We've been corresponding so long and we've talked on the phone but now I'll be able to see you on video. Can't wait!
Evelyn in Montreal

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Exciting indeed Evelyn! What an opportunity to spread the word about the mtDNA Project, Acadian genealogy et al!

Anne's BLOG said...

Your description sounds like you all had a great time with the interview and interviewers! Thanks for sharing this exciting adventure.

MargaretJ said...

Nice tghat they included a LeBlanc in their entourage, Lucie!