Monday, October 23, 2006



I have been quite busy adding new information to the Acadian & French Canadian Ancestral Home web site so I've not had time for blogging. When visiting the Ancestral Home it is easier than ever to find new information that has been added by simply looking for the "New" little graphic indicating a recent addition. I hope visitors will let me know if they like that or not.

Meanwhile, autumn has definitely come to Massachusetts. Mostly summer-like weather last week has finally given in to brisk and cooler autumn temperatures. My husband and I did lots of raking of leaves and pine needles and I finally decided I was devoting too much time to all of that fall cleanup and not enough to research and web site additions . So what does one do in such a situation? Well if you are like me and fortunate enough to have a neighbor who lives across the street who just happens to work in the landscaping business, you hire him! That's what I did so from now on we don't have to worry about leaves or pine needles. My neighbor Joe and his crew will clean up after all of the leaves have fallen and he will also do a pass with his new lawn mower/vacuum machine that will pick up the last little remnants of whatever.

On Friday we had quite a windy day - the wind came compliments of the Canadian Maritimes ;o) and the good thing is that it blew all of the remaining pine needles from the trees! Yay!! Once all of the maples have shed their leaves I can begin to plan the out-of-door Christmas decorations - no, never done here! LOL

Anyhow, I hope you will drop by the Acadian Ancestral Home to see what new information has been posted.

Wherever you live in this world, know that there is nothing like a New England Autumn! Ya'll come back soon now. We'll keep the light burning.

Your Cousin Lucie


No comments: